Tuesday, March 9, 2010

THE GLASS MENAGERIE

Mortal Fools Theatre Project is presenting Tennessee Williams' "The Glass Menagerie" this month.  It opens this weekend, Friday, March 12th (a preview performance on Thursday, March 11th).  I love the classics.  maybe that's why I love opera so much.  (Or maybe I love opera so much, because I'm really a sadist and love to watch people die by "one of four causes: murder, suicide, madness or TB." [Anna Russell])

Did I mention that by posting this and promising to do a review of the show I get in for free?  Yep, thats right.  But only opening weekend.  (At least according to a note posted on facebook.)  Gotta love free stuff, right?

So I will be attending the performance on Monday, March 15th.  I would go opening night, but I have a concert that I'm singing in and another concert I'm attending on Saturday night and a rehearsal I'm in charge of on Sunday night.  More information about that at UNIPAC's blog, here.  My this is going to be a busy weekend.  I was going to go to the opera on Monday, but I can go on Wednesday night instead.  (But that's Criminal Minds, I guess I can find a friend to TiVo it for me.)

For more information (including production photos, which by the way, look really cool) visit Mortal Fools Theatre Project's website here.

No comments: