Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My last vocal recital...

This is the "official" annoucement for my final vocal recital.  There will be two performances.  One in Utah and one in Idaho. 

The dates are:
August 12, 2010 @ 7pm
Community Presbyterian Church
75 North 100 East
American Fork, Utah

August 19, 2010 @ 7pm
First Presbyterian Church
400 Lake Lowell Ave (corner of Lake Lowell and Canyon)
Nampa, Idaho

Joey Calkins, Tenor

Sean Rogers, Piano
FREE ADMISSION
Reception to follow.

This event is sponsored in part by the Utah/Idaho Performing Arts Company.

After ten years of giving vocal recitals I have decided to "retire" as it were. So this will be my last annual vocal recital. The program will be chosen by the audience. I have gone through all of the music I have performed (in recital, stage, church meetings, etc.) within the last ten years and have selected 50 songs for you to choose from.

The way this will work is as follows: Audience members will have the opportunity to select as many songs as they would like from the list write them (individually) on a piece of paper (which will be provided). The next song on the program will be chosen from these. (Out of a hat or something.)

This is my most difficult recital to date as I will have no control as to what song is next. :)

Songs include:
Empty Chairs at Empty Tables
I, Don Quixote
The Quest (The Impossible Dream)
The Lord's Prayer (two different setting)
Agnus Dei (Beethoven/Calkins)
Pieta, Signore
Music of the Night
and many more.

(For the complete list visit, joeycalkins150.blogspot.com)
 
Links to the Facebook pages:
Utah
Idaho

No comments: